Tuesday, April 18, 2023

1998


Was movie bingeing (unwinding after I was done with spring-cleaning my home, in preparation for Eid celebration). "Meet Joe Black" is from 1998. I love their banter and chemistry - how cute are these two! It was epic, so much so that it has even been psychoanalyzed (one's body language and verbal dynamics)!

Interestingly, I learnt about (1) the importance to express how you feel the moment you feel it (hmm!), (2) mirroring comes naturally in terms of actions or words and the willingness to be honest, self-deprecating and vulnerable (it is a sign of compatibility to look out for), and (3) validating the feeling as a form of affirmation (lay it on the table, "oh boy, okay!").

I'd love to engage someone like Joe - have a genuine and authentic conversation going. Nothing beats being able to have an instant connection with someone, not just at the physical attraction level (love his smile, the twinkle in his eyes, and the reassuring, soothing tone of his voice!), but also attraction at the intellectual, emotional, and values level - that would be a complete package - having someone to take good care of you. "Stay open, who knows lightning could strike" heh! I'll end my post with this hopeful song by Michael Bublé ❤.

No comments: